Thursday 22 April 2010

Speedy update!

Summer is around the bend!


And with it comes the urge to make brightly coloured inkles and then make totes out of them. Here are a few pics of my recent creations. I would like to type more at the moment but my baby boy is currently melting down in his jumpy saucer.


Inkle tote #1 (9" x 12"):



The liner is hand stitched into the tote (some quilting cotton I had stashed in the basement):


Inkle tote #2 (8 1/2" x 14 1/2"):



The strap is card woven and the hardware is plastic that I salvaged from another bag:


Okay hearts off the charts everybody!
JQ

3 comments:

Sarah K said...

WHY DON'T I MAKE THINGS LIKE THIS?

Clearly I am silly. And those bags are beautiful!

JQ said...

You are not silly! And you should make bags like this!! I can show you the way I do it when you come if you like! <3

Sarah K said...

Hooray!