Sunday 1 August 2010

Beginning My Elevator Rug

On the way to the campsite somewhere between Swift Current and the lake, I saw this gorgeous old elevator in someone's field, took a picture and then tried a few different effects on it. I came up with this:


And got it blown up up 400% at Staples, then transferred it to my Burlap (making certain to include my signature and the date):



Now very very WHITE is a hard color to find, but I found some pale cream, and will be dying a grey scale using some pickle jars and an old stockpot on my stove. Then Dip dying some lovely pale caramel coloured wool into a vat of Mauve brown, and also dying some peaches and a very pale turquoise , which I will string along sparsely in the foreground, amidst the black and white, to add a bit of dynamic, and compliment the warm vanilla sky.

:P

1 comment:

Sarah K said...

That photo is beautiful! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Gorgeous. Seriously. It's going to be gorgeous.